20.11.11

the best laid plans... are eaten

11.15 CSA pick-up: Japanese sweet potatoes, turban squash, collard greens, chrysanthemum greens, green leaf lettuce, broccoli, napa cabbage, radishes, carrots, spinach


Much to my chagrin, it's holiday time. Though I'm not sure I'll ever understand how 72 hours of holiday morphs into a full two months of "holiday season," I suppose I should be grateful because it gives me ample reason to design celebratory meals. Magically, I can get away with serving multiple courses, keeping the family eating all day long.

Which requires much planning, of course. With Thanksgiving coming up this week, I'm already behind the game. Usually I'd have the menu set out and a plan of attack over the next few days to keep all the dishes in line. Otherwise, it's a mad rush and nearly impossible to time courses correctly. My [flimsy] excuse? I was waiting on this week's list from the CSA. Unfortunately, there won't be a ton of items in our box that will make the transition to Thursday's table, but that's alright. We've got to eat the rest of the week too! 

The one item I'm not looking forward to is yet another cabbage. Argh! Cabbage isn't my favorite brassca and it's getting more and more difficult to use them in the week. I've made gyoza every week now. This week's dumpling is my favorite as yet. Tempeh, mushrooms, and napa cabbage in a chewy dumpling skin. 

going vegetarian with the dumplings this week
Back to the task at hand... getting that menu together. So far I have the Tofurkey, turkey, soup, and dressing figured out. 
What does your menu look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment